Re: monroe quick strut - CRV

Jimbo wrote in news:gh22ba$its$ snipped-for-privacy@aioe.org:

Tegger wrote: >> >> >> Are the struts /actually/ leaking? Can you see the leak? If there is >> no oil visible on the outside of the strut, chances are it's fine. >> >> When you go over bumps on the side that's supposedly leaking, does >> the car feel "rubbery"? If you accelerate hard into a turn towards >> the leaking side, does the inside front wheel chatter or hop? >> >> A "clunk" can easily be a bad/broken stabilizer bar link. >> >> >> > > I had a look and can see no oil around the strut. It is dry and the > ride is pretty firm, not rubbery on the front. Accelerating when > turning to either side is fine, no hop or chatter.

Then the strut and its insert are most likely in excellent condition and not in need of replacement.

Honda shocks do NOT wear out in 75,000 miles.

> Ok so the clunk is likely as you said. So it would seem the dealership > almost had me in the bag!

Better check ALL the suspension bolts, for torque. This includes all of them at the top of the strut, and all of them at the bottom, plus the stabilizer bar's links/bolts.

Reply to
Tegger