Re: My car beeps at me / water intrusion

"Art M" wrote in news:kiX5f.56020$WR2.1018@fed1read03:

> Only took it for a short test drive. So far it hasn't beeped. The > intermittent wipers work again so at least that is fixed. It was also > taking nearly a minute before my rear wiper would start before and > this time it started right up. Last time I checked my rear windshield > washer didn't work. Now it does.

Quite an adventure you've had!

My rear defogger switch may still > have to be replaced. I don't know if the switch should stay in while > the defroster is on or if it should only light up. Neither is > happening.

It's a momentary switch. But it should light up.

It *may* be that the little LED is burned out in the switch body, so check that the defroster is actually working before tearing into the switch. Turn the switch on for a bit, then fog up the window with some breath and see if it clears up first around the wires.

If nothing works, then it's the switch itself.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Thanks. I'll check that out.

I was looking at the wiring diagrams and it looks like the ICU has nothing to do with the rear wiper/washer. I hadn't tried either in a while so it may be an occasional problem with the switch or the relay. The ICU does affect the intermittent function of the front wipers, and the new capacitor definitely fixed that.

--Art

Reply to
Art M

"Art M" wrote in news:_2P7f.60400$WR2.16071@fed1read03:

That's probably not right, as I've posted since our conversation. According to

it appears it's normally the ICU that goes bad and prevents the rear window defogger from working.

Or the motor might be seized. Can you hear it humming when when the power is on? Maybe give it a bit of a push to see if it starts?

Reply to
TeGGeR®