"Readers' Rides" page at tegger.com...

Some time ago I set up a "readers' rides" page. Nobody has seemed to be too interested in adding to the two cars that are there now, so I thought I try an open request for submissions.

Anyone interested? I'm sure others would like to see what the groups' readers drive.

TeGGeR®

If you want, you can add a link to a description and history of my wheels (91 Civic LX) at

. I wish my car shone like Merle's does in the photo at your site. Mine looks good, but not /that/ good. "Disgustingly free of rust" indeed. :-)

Elle "All I know are distributors... "

Reply to
Elle

Thanks Elle. It is a great 20 foot car. On the day I brought it home from the dealer, my 3 year old decided to "decorate" it with a landscaping rock. Ah, children. Earl Sheib still in business?

Reply to
merlotbrougham

Driving on a mountain road yesterday, I saw a car with a rock about 18" in diameter resting on its hood. It was partially into the windshield, but this rock, which I would guess weighed a couple hundred pounds, was just sitting there. The car was parked in a turnout on the side away from the hill, making it just a little bit more intriguing, since the rock didn't fall onto it at that particular spot.

I wonder how this came to pass. The car didn't appear damaged anywhere except right under the rock. Did someone see the rock tumbling down the cliff and came to a stop right under it? The timing of it all... another second sooner, and the car would have crashed into the rock. A little different bounce and it might have come through the driver side.

It seems like the car would have to have been stopped, or nearly so, or the rock would have gone through the windshield.

I wish I had taken a picture of it.

Reply to
dold

your

"Disgustingly

brought it home

with a

Ha. Then you deserve even more kudos.

Reply to
Elle

Yeah, but not for 19.95 ......

Reply to
Eye Indo

"Elle" wrote in news:C%Ypf.7554$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread1.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Got a bunch of replies to my ad. They'll be up soon...

Reply to
TeGGeR®

Don't have a picture of my current ride -- an 01 Prelude. But have a few pictures of cars I have owned years ago -- a 69 and 71 Vette, a 65 Sunbeam Tiger, a 64 XKE -- a MBG.

Reply to
TWW

If the weather clears up enough in the next couple months for me to actually wash my G3 Accord and get some pics of it, I'll be sure to send one over...

Reply to
Matt Ion

Which I take as a sign of progress.

Reply to