Replaced Timing belt & Water pump at 100K miles for Honda accord

Replaced Timing belt at 100K miles, after timing belt change, if I press gas pedal, I can feel something is holding like applying brake, took back to mechanic and showed it, he said, he just changed timing belt only, he is good mechanic, he asked me to drive for few days and see, probably belts are new, it will take sometime.

when I press gas pedal, I can hear some sound like something is touching, Is this common when change the timing belt, thanks in advance.

Reply to
santa19992000

Sound to me like something's wrong-- I don't buy the wait a few days line...

Reply to
Slacker

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1186757774.830768.322100 @x35g2000prf.googlegroups.com:

Did it happen immediately after the timing belt job was done?

That is a very big job with lots of chance to make some very big mistakes.

If the problem started right after the timing belt job, then your mechanic installed the belt wrongly.

Belts do NOT need "break in". They are either installed correctly or they are not. Take the car back and ask your "good" mechanic to check his work. I think he made a mistake.

Reply to
Tegger

with knobs on.

Reply to