"S" start Blinks and Car wan’t Start.

Frequently in my Honda Accord 91 "S" Light start blinking and My car want start then I hve to wait for 30 min to 2 Hr and then start the car. I try to pin point the problem but I can?t even I saw the mechanic thay also not able to solve the problem. If any one gives me idea what to do? I appriciate that.

Reply to
Mit

archive:

The "S" light is the car throwing an ECU or TCU code. To check this, there is a two prong connector behind the passenger side kick panel (mine is blue). You must remove, or pull back the panel, find the connector, and jumper the two pins with a paper clip, and then turn the key to the power on position (do not start). You will get a series of flashes from the "S" light. A long flash counts for 10, a short flash counts for 1. for example, one Long flash followed by seven short flashes is a code 17 commonly showing Vehicle Speed Sensor which was my problem. Use google, or a Haynes or Chiltons manual to match the code to the problem. Keep in mind it may be multiple problems.

The power not coming on the way you are describing sounds a lot like the main power relay, or so I have heard. I haven't had to change mine, but have heard of several people describing the same thing. You may want to Google "91 Accord Main Relay" and look over some of the results to see if any of the symptoms people mention under starting problems match up. From what I've read, failure of the main relay is fairly common in 90 - 93 Accords. You can Also get good information on how to change it as well.

Reply to
dannd

Most likely your problem is the main/fuel pump relay. Located on the left side of the dash above the cruise control ecu. Usually the relay will act up when the vehicle is hot inside.

"Mit" wrote: > Frequently in my Honda Accord

91 "S" Light start blinking and > My car want start then I hve to wait for 30 min to 2 Hr and > then start the car. I try to pin point the problem but I > can't even I saw the mechanic thay also not able to solve the > problem. If any one gives me idea what to do? I appriciate > that.
Reply to
djfusion

Thank you very much for your reply ya my car fuel pump relay is burn out and I change it.

"djfusion" wrote: > Most likely your problem is the main/fuel pump relay. Located > on the left side of the dash above the cruise control ecu. > Usually the relay will act up > when the vehicle is hot inside.

Reply to
Mit

Mit wrote in news:994402 snipped-for-privacy@0000.com:

Or you can open up the relay and resolder it,and save yourself $50;see

for more info. It's easy.

(the relay problem is cracked solder joints)

Reply to
Jim Yanik