Screeching windows

May I suggest get the vehicle rust checked and get the sprayer to lay on in the doors more that normal. Worth a shot..

Reply to
Clete

go to a junk yard and try it out on another car. i'm not saying it works on every vehicle on the planet, but it's worked on mine.

Reply to
jim beam

I'm not saying it could not work, just that I see some risk in not being able to push it back after cleaning and greasing. Then I would have to be ready to remove the door panel.

Reply to
cameo

of course you do if you've not done it before, but this is precisely why i said, go to a junkyard and check it out. that way there's nothing untoward to your vehicle and you get to fully assess the possibilities.

again, the secret is to pull it out at the top, then slide it out from the sides. it goes back in exactly how it came out.

Reply to
jim beam

Actually, there is no rusting on this car whatsoever. What solved the problem was a more generous treatment of the run channels with silicon spray, to the point that it was dripping from the bottom of the doors. It's now almost a week since that treatment without hearing any squeaks. Previously, after the lighter treatment the squeaking would return in a day.

Reply to
cameo