Serpentine Belt 2003 CR-V

If I want to replace my drive belt, which way do I turn the bolt on the auto-tensioner? Is it towards the firewall or towards the front of the car? Are Goodyear aftermarket drive belts okay, or should I stick with Honda original parts? What mileage should I replace the original belt--I have

77,00 kms on it now, and the indicator show it's almost time to replace. (Should I trust the indicator?)

Thanks

Reply to
Nino Nospam

"Nino Nospam" wrote in news:4o1yj.18541$w94.14230@pd7urf2no:

Assuming your wrench handle is pointing up towards the sky, you pull it towards the front of the car, believe it or not.

This will cause the tensioner to move back towards the firewall, releasing tension on the belt.

TAKE CAREFUL NOTE OF HOW THE CURRENT BELT WINDS AROUND THE PULLEYS!

Yes, trust the indicator.

Goodyear is acceptable quality, but I've heard stories of belt length issues, which throw off the wear indicator's calibration.

If I were you, I'd spend the extra ten or twenty bucks and buy genuine Honda.

Reply to
Tegger

Thanks for the advice Tegger! I have one more question: Do I have to remove the wheel and skirt?

Reply to
Nino Nospam

"Nino Nospam" wrote in news:eldyj.26245$pM4.14730@pd7urf1no:

Just to replace the serpentine? You shouldn't have to, no.

Reply to
Tegger