Shifter bushings on 98 civic

Hi all,

98 civic LX 5-spd. 222000kms.

Well i got down and dirty under my car finally. I have become increasingly annoyed with the excess play in my shifter. So I decided to try and do something about it.

I replaced the bushing on the shifter arm at the transmission. This did not affect the lateral play on the shifter. I am now thinking it must be the bushings right underneath the shift lever. I called Honda, and they are cheap enough, $4 a piece (there are 2). However, I am sure they are the same crappy plastic or urethane that they came with from the factory.

Does anybody know if its possible to find brass or aluminum bushings for this application? If so, where?

I also noticed a minor leak coming from the bottom of my coolant resevoir. It looks like it was rubbing against something and finally is right through. However, I can't figure out what it was rubbing against... I used epoxy to seal the hole, should be sufficient i thinks.

Thanks Terry

Reply to
disallow via CarKB.com