Shocking

2000 Honda Accord SE Sedan

Shocks when hit the gas paddle during the first 4-5 minutes running the car. During this first 4-5 minutes running the car when stop and start to accelerate, the shocks will occur. The shocks feel like hitting the gas paddle but the car is not going anywhere for 1-2 seconds. As soon as the engine warming up after 4-5 minutes, the problem went away. The shocks happen mostly in the morning and worsen if the temperature getting cooler. Check engine light turn on because of this problem recently. The SRS light also turn on, but not because of this problem. The SRS light is turn on a few months ago.

Anyone know what the problem is? I called honda dealer, but they say they going to charge me like 100 bucks just to look at it and identify the problem.

Reply to
Richard

------------------------------

How long have you owned the car, what's the mileage? When you say (electrical) shocks, do you meant to say a 'jerk' or 'clunk' ? ? ? If you checked the tranny fluid, as the manual describes, what did you find?

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

I owned the vehicle for 5 years. I bought it brand new in 2000. The vehicle has 61,000 miles on it. Transmission oil was leaking few weeks ago, and the problem seem to occur just after that. I got the transmission oil taken care of. They replace a part called "front axle seal". The oil is no longer leaking. Jerk is what I meant for a shock.

Reply to
Richard

It sounds like the transmission is slipping when cold. What type of fluid did the shop use? A change over Honda's ATF might solve your shifting problems.

Eric

Reply to
Eric

Slipping and then engaging when cold is pretty classic for low automatic transmission fluid level. Top it up with genuine Honda fluid (follow the owner's Fine Manual as Curly describes) and I think your problem will go away. For smaller additions Dexron won't hurt, but you will need quite a bit, I'm sure, so go with Honda's juice.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee