Spring Tension question

Hello all,

I bought a 2000 honda civic ex (4door) that was lowered, and now i'm trying to raise it back up to stock springs and struts. Now i've bought a set of springs off a 2000 honda civic ex 2 door for 30$ (tought i got a good deal) but i was wondering if these springs are going to fit my car and if the springs have the same tension as what was original on my car. How is the ride going to be if i install these? I was told that the springs have the same part number if you were to buy them from the dealer for both cars.

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Luke

fine. they're the same spring.

when you're done, remember to tighten the bushing bolts for all the suspension components you take off with the wheels _on the ground_, otherwise the bushings "set" for the wrong position. that affects ride and in time can tear bushings apart.

another tip is to make sure you take the lower rear trailing arm bolt out when you have that arm jacked up into a position like it would be in normal running. otherwise the angle is wrong and the bolt is real difficult to remove. same goes for reassembly.

finally, make sure you have a spring compressor that works for those springs. most are designed for mcpherson springs that are much bigger and have wider coil spacing. the honda springs can be real tight. be careful not to damage them. nicks or scratches can initiate fatigue.

Reply to
jim beam