Civic Refuses to Move!!

There seems to be a problem with the transmission in my 93 civic ex. I recently put a new engine in the car and I got everything hooked back up and running. I started the car and drove down the street as I was coming up the transmission refused to respond as i shifted through the gears. I pushed it back into the driveway and tried to shift through the gears. All the gears will shift into and you can hear them being shifted into each gear. When the car is in any gear all that you hear is a whirling sound like something is just spinning.

I checked the shift linkage and that seems to be fine and i checked my fluid level and that will ok as well.

Any Ideas I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks!!

Reply to
Frank

----------------------------

It would be handy to know if it's a manual tranny or an autobox. Let the guessing begin.

'Curly'

Reply to
'Curly Q. Links'

It is a manual tranny.