starting trouble

My 92 accord has started giving me a unique starting trouble. When I turn the key on it starts normally but on releasing key, it dies. If I hold the key in on position, it stays on. I had to drive back home with one hand on key to keep it in on position. Any one, any idea.. I saw dashboard clock flickering intermittently. There is no other proble,

I will appreciate any help.

Reply to
dbhavsar

ignition switch. check tegger.com for details.

Reply to
jim beam

There was a recall of ignition switches several years ago. The symptom of a bad one is similar to what you describe. As it continues to deteriorate, holding the key will eventually not work either. The switch is attached to the end of the key cylinder.

Reply to
E Meyer

If it's a recall item, a dealer should fix it for free. Visit one, or call them and give them a VIN, and they can tell you if your car is in the recall batch.

Reply to
Matt Ion

thank you.. it was useful.

Reply to