Still getting water in trunk

After having all the gaskets, etc changed on the tail lights, I am still getting water in the trunk of the car. If you lay in the trunk of the civic, the water seems to be coming from one of the (2) big bolts that are under the carpet to the right side of the car...any ideas as to what is happening??

Reply to
piperspost

====================================

"having all the gaskets changed" seems to imply that it was done by someone else (I hope it wasn't expensive) . . . . You need to do it yourself with the appropriate sealant and it will be done CORRECTLY. SEARCH this newsgroup or google and find out the procedure. It gets 'solved' regularly.

'Curly'

Reply to
motsco_

There is a sealant for gaskets? I just replaced the one on my (91 accord) tailight. Was I supposed to use a sealant?

Reply to
dgk

dgk wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No, you are not supposed to use sealant. You are however, supposed to make sure the sealing surfaces are clean, dry, and free from rust. New gaskets can't seal on a rough surface.

The OP has not stated whether he had a problem with moisture in the taillamp assemblies, which is the first sign new gaskets are needed.

My suggestion to the OP: Remove carpet and all trim panels from trunk area. Take car through a car wash, with an alert helper back there with a strong flashlight. Leaks should hopefully be evident.

Reply to
Tegger

Hi, I took the car today to Honda & after a test with a water hose & mechanic in the trunk. They state that the water is coming from 2 tears in the gasket that outlines the trunk. Is that possible?

Reply to
piperspost

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news:3308-45BFD2D9-1354@storefull-

3333.bay.webtv.net:

Yep.

Reply to
Tegger

Ok then. The surfaces (mine, not the OP), were clean and dry.

Reply to
dgk