sunroof cover

I got another question: Where can I get one of those plastic covers that shield the front of the sunroof for my 2001 Accord?

Reply to
Kevin

Kevin wrote in news:8b7eb888-7eb1-45ee-aab6- snipped-for-privacy@r60g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

They're called "sunroof wind deflectors". You can find them at any auto parts place. Even at your local Honda dealer.

Reply to
Tegger

If I may... Any comments on just how well these work? I've thought of getting one for my '06 Accord to quiet the wind noise down a bit when I have the sunroof open. Are they worthwhile?

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused

Unquestionably Confused wrote in news:y%J1j.73976 $ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr12.news.prodigy.net:

At least some automakers install these at the factory as spring-loaded metal plates that flip up when the glass is open. The visual effect is somewhat like passenger jet wing landing flaps. Apparently those metal plates are effective. If you already have one of them, an aftermarket deflector is unlikely to make much difference.

I kind of wonder about the plastic aftermarket ones. They stand up all the time. Wouldn't they cause whistling and other noises when the glass is closed?

Reply to
Tegger

Ah, that is my quandry. The last moonroof I had was a Buick Regal Grand Sport. GM has a small piece of metal (not very tall) that comes up when the glass is retracted. Worked quite well and, as you could take your finger and retract it, it was easy to "A - B" it and know that it really reduced the wind noise.

Honda does have a similar arrangement however it doesn't protrude very high and, as near as I can tell, provides very little acoustic dampening.

My thought as well, hence my question.

Reply to
Unquestionably Confused