timing belt

When should I have it replaced?

1999 Passport 80,000 + Easy miles. Thanks
Reply to
Marty

"Marty" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

Pretty much now. You're up to seven years. That's the limit.

Reply to
TeGGeR®

The service manager at the local honda dealership told me that the timing belt should be replaced after 7 years or at 75,000 miles--whichever comes first. In other words, you should have your timing belt replaced during your next scheduled service. It's a good idea to have your water pump changed at the same time--according to the service manager. Of course, if you have ever replaced the water pump--don't replace the water pump when you have the timing belt changed.

Reply to
Jason

The timing belt would almost certainly have been replaced if the water pump was done, since the belt has to be removed to replace the pump. Absolutely replace the pump when replacing the belt - my soul can't take many more tales of woe from those who didn't. IMHO, replacing the belt without replacing the pump is pointless; your engine is still at risk.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee