Why do 2006 Honda radios have such crappy reception?

I drove 6 different Accord EX sedans (4cyl, cloth) and they all had the same crappy reception of local FM stations. I had rented a Nissan recently...no problems.

It almost seems like the station isn't quite locked on the frequency. I've seen this with the CR-V EX's...maybe it's low-quality in-dash changers that are the problem.

Reply to
Nobody

I hear ya bro...I like AM talk radio and it is the worst recepition ever, almost non-exsistant. There is no excuse for that. If you turn off the motor it is a little better but WTF!!!

Reply to
Pablo
2005 is just as bad in Accord Hybrid.

Reply to
Art

Does it have an antenna or just the wires in the back window?

Reply to
E Meyer

Another reason to keep my Prelude. Maybe because it was made in Saitama.

Reply to
tww

The wires in the rear window are the antenna.

Reply to
Brian Smith

I have a 90 Accord and had the same problem. My automatic antenna broke and I found a replacement was $150. I replaced it with a manual antenna, $10, and reception improved quite a bit.

Bob

Reply to
Apple Dumpling

Maybe you guys live in the sticks. My CR-V radio works great in Pittsburgh!

Reply to
D.D. Pallmer

Instead of whining about, just replace it. In twenty five years of driving, I've never kept one stock stereo.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

Many modern vehicles have the radio so integrated into the vehicle that it is very difficult to cleanly replace them with an aftermarket unit.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Hello: I have a blog,It's

Welcome to go and see

Reply to
yinhuoc

True, but within a few months there always an aftermarket kit to allow radio replacement.

Worst case I ever worked on was a friend's grand am which had the interior lighting controlled by the radio! We ended up pulling the circuit board from the radio, connected it to the factory harness just to controll the lighting and stuffed it behind the dash

I've never seen any hondas that pulled that crap. Replacing them is usually a

30 minute job including making up a harness adapter.
Reply to
AZ Nomad

Well, there's your answer. My Infinitis have both the back window and an antenna whip. My Nissans have the whip. My '00 Acura TL just has the back window wire. There are certain places I go where the Nissans get good reception and the TL gets nothing.

Reply to
E Meyer

Honda Civics in the past have used the factory radio to control the keyless entry.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" wrote

Right, I suffered through one of those Civics. An installer paralleled the new radio in with the stock unit.

Speaking of the complaints about current Accord radios... what have they done since 2004? The one in my non-Nav '04 4-cyl is great.

Reply to
Howard Lester

I haven't found any problems with reception on either band with my '01 Accord with the antenna in the rear window. Come to think about it, no problem with the '97 Accord with the same style antenna.

Reply to
Brian Smith

i dont know how some of the new toyotas and fords are going to fare. a lot of em look like it *is* only one panel for all the controls. then what? are skosche and ai going to have a kit that includes a whole panel?

the civics with the factory alarm. pure boneheadedness.

Reply to
SoCalMike

E Meyer wrote in news:C03C4258.F256E% snipped-for-privacy@msn.com:

Nah...had a 2004 Accord which had no problem. 2006 CR-V with external antenna does the same thing.

Reply to
Nobody

AZ Nomad wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@ip70-176-155-130.ph.ph.cox.net:

List on the changers is around $2000. I want what I paid for.