Tires for Honda Civic LX 96

Hi,

I need new tires for my Civic LX 96 - anybody here has any recommendations for a brand and model that provide a quiet ride and good milage. I don't care about performance (I almost never go above 75mi/h) and I live in California, so bad weather is not an issue. BTW, the car has ABS, if that makes any difference.

My current tires are Yokohama Avid Touring - I've had them for almost 4 years and around 30k miles (not sure about miles though), and the tread has all but disappeared.

Thanks,

Me too, but "bad weather" can certainly include rain, and lots of it at times. I had Michelin MX4 "rain force" tires on a corolla and just loved them. incredibly sure-footed in the rain.

end_is_near

Thanks for your reply.

I finally decided to go with the Bridgestone Potenza 910 which are on sale at Costco ($275 for 4 tires, including road hazard insurance etc). Anybody has any info on these?

don't know about that Potenza in particular. My Civvie has the OEM RE92's, which are criticized a lot. I find them to be quite satisfactory in the rain. Just a tad noisy on dry pavement. Also note that the Potenzas (at least mine) have been slammed for short wear, but I was getting my baby an oil this change this morning and passed the time looking on the used car lot. Found an identical '04 Cvic with the original tires, 45,000 miles, and they appear almost like new.

You did good.

Reply to
end_is_near

We put these on one of our cars a few months ago and I am completely happy with them.

John

Reply to
John Horner

Thanks. I think I'm going to keep them too, they seem quite decent for the price.