Wiper Blades question

Hello all

Is there a site where I can find the various size wiper blades that I need for my '01 CRV?

And tips to change them please. Looks odd. Not sure if I understand how to remove the old and add the 3 new ones.

Thank you

Reply to
Amber

Try the Owner's Manual.

Reply to
Joe

Joe wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@barada.griffincs.local:

I would if I have one. :) Thanks for your suggestion though.

Reply to
Amber

Amber wrote in news:49912324$0$31155 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.shared-secrets.com:

Another multi-poster. And I just wasted my time replying to your identical message in the other group you posted to. You should have crossposted properly.

I repeat my answer here for the benefit of those who follow this group only and not the other one:

Wiper refill rubbers are available for about $5 each at your friendly local Honda dealer. They work better than any aftermarket product.

Your Owner's Manual is here:

wiper blade info starts on page 231.

Reply to
Tegger

Tegger wrote in news:Xns9BAE2C0C045C0tegger@208.90.168.18:

Thank you.

I get one group at work (different provider) and not the other.

Sorry you had to post twice, though it's much appreciated

Reply to
Amber

Jesus. Ask the person who ties your shoelaces for you in the mornings. They'll probably know.

Reply to
Dan C

Careful Dan or she'll file a complaint against you for blonde-abuse...

Reply to
Joseph Wheeler

Nothing like a civil response to make friends. I am always amazed at how many people on newsgroups offer snide comments when they have absolutely nothing of value to offer to the person asking a question. Just like some will perceive this post.

Reply to
Retiree

Recommend OEM at your dealer;they will know what you need. You can replace the inserts with little effort and I am sure the parts dept will help. Otherwise, your dealer will be pleased to change them for you at a nominal fee.

Reply to
tww1491

A: Because it destroys the logical flow of a thread of comments, and makes it difficult to keep up with a conversation.

Q: Why do so many people object to top posting?

A: Writing your reply to a message above what you are referring to rather than below it.

Q: What is "top posting"?

Get a clue, doofus.

Reply to
Dan C

Dan C wrote in

I'm disabled. I use Velcro.

Reply to
Amber

Amber wrote in news:49922230$0$31169 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.shared-secrets.com:

Loafers might be more convenient, and barefoot even more so. Although I find it difficult to modulate a clutch while barefoot.

Reply to
Tegger

Really? My clutch is pretty smooth, and I have found that summer driving with socks is way better than with shoes. In the Winter, I'm stuck with boots, and they can make for some occasional rough shifts, as I just can't get the damned feel of the clutch sometimes...

Reply to
Joe

That's usenet, I'm afraid. You may eventually get the answer you need, but you'll need a shower afterwards! Shame on you for not being an expert in obscure Nettiquette! ;-)

On the subject of wiper blades, I got a new set of refills from a NAPA store for my Civic EX. NAPA is generally good, but these refills weren't even close. When I returned them, the older guy at the counter explained that the refills were for their aftermarket blades, and the younger clerk hadn't made the connection when I told him the year and make...

Reply to
Leftie

I gotta tell ya I bought wipers for my Accord at Zellers . They were half price and I paid about 20 dollars for the pair.. Best wipers I ever had. Highly recommend them . They are Michelin brand.

Reply to
Jim

I just got replacements from the Pep Boys yesterday. They have many choices & there are guides to look up your make & model. The 2005 Honda Accords have different sizes for DS - Driver Side or PS - Passenger Side. Evidently coupes & sedans of the same years have different sizes too. Anyway when i asked to confirm, the assistant manager brought them out to the car to make sure they would fit. They have a big sign that they will install free & you get a free blade when you send in the rebate for the Rain-X blades.

But after reading about the Honda dealer replacing the rubber only for $5, I had to check w/my dealer. Turns out they do it as long as the original blade assembly is OEM. Should have done it when the maintenance was being done. Labor is free.

Nettiqette...sometimes the group has a lot of static & bs but there are moments when nuggets of knowledge peeks through. Don't get your hackles up, move on to the next message or hit delete.

Thx

Reply to
Sarita