Good TJ wiper blades

What does everyone here use for wiper blades on their TJ? The only one's I've been able to find in the 13" size are absolute crap. They are rubber, not silicone. I don't have intermittent wipers and after 20-30mins in a rainstorm, the wipers leave black rubber stains on my windshield. Thanks

-Jim

Reply to
Mood

I bought Bosch silicone ones when I was stuck and that was all they had (they worked well, but for HUGE $), but they're a rip off to my mind. Use some Rain-X with rubber ones and for my money they work better. Plus, with the Rain-X, even snow and heavy slush slide off pretty well without using the wipers.

Matt

Reply to
Matt

Mood proclaimed:

If you poke around in the J.C Whitney catalog, you should be able to find the short 12 and 13 inch blade assemblies available in several colors of silicon. Can't recall if they are in the Jeep specialty catalog or not. They don't appear to build up the oxidized layer as rapidly as the rubber style...at least not on the three year old set I've installed...although I've discovered that wiping them with Comet [or similar] cleanser powder appears to be useful for removing the crud that can still build up from the luvverly and colorful air around California.

Reply to
Lon

I use Anco AeroVantage wiper blades. Part #91-13. They work well for me.

Tom

Reply to
mabar