2000 Accent Engine Light

My engine light keeps coming on in my 2000 Accent. I've asked my local dealership about this and they said it was probably the gas cap. I've checked that and it keeps coming on. The dealership says not to worry, but I'd rather fix this. Any ideas?

Reply to
Stacy Bell

I had the same thing happen on my 2003 Santa Fe. They say not to worry, but it is most annoying. After the 5th time I insisted they FIX it , not just keep resetting. It was a faulty vapor something sensor. They would only fix it after I threatened to charge them gas mileage for my trip to have it fixed.

Reply to
fancyhit

I'm not Hyundaitech, but I am an Accent 2000 owner, and I can tell you that you need to have an engine diagnosis run. My check engine light came on at 83K miles and it turned out to the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor (P/N 28164-22610), a $350 parts replacement/repair with labor. They hooked up the Hi-Scan Pro and the Engine Control Module reported a P1128. Ignoring this would be bad.

Good luck, Mike

Reply to
Mike Wilson

I'm with Mike on this one. If you haven't had a diagnosis done, you should do so. Without the trouble code, we can't even give you a hint as to what could be causing the problem with a likelihood of being correct higher than about 5 percent.

If the engine lamp is on steady (not flashing) and the vehicle is running normally, chances are that it will be okay to take the car in at your convenience (within reason).

Reply to
hyundaitech