2000 Hyundai Accent 1.5cdx - noise on revs

Hi This is now doing my head in, everytime I start the car I have a steady rumble coming somewhere from within the dash or inside the trim.

When I speed up the noise gets worse upto around 50 miles per hour and it only goes away once the car is in 5th and going at around 60ish.

I have had the whole dash off felt around inside to see if anything I touched changed the way the grumbling noise sounded but nothing, I have been under the car but again can find nothing, I have been under the clutch and other pedals to see if I can change the type of noise but nothing again.

I have totally no idea where its coming from but it does have a very slight vibration on the clutch and gas pedal.

Anyone with any ideas at all because this is making me want to give up and sell the car.

Reply to
Rob Nevis

I witnessed an Accent of about 1995 vintage with a vibrating power steering line that sounded like it was coming from the dash.

Does it happen only on acceleration? I saw another which had the upper transmission mount coming apart, and on acceleration, the two metal pieces of the mount touched each other.

Reply to
hyundaitech