2001 Accent getting into 4th gear

Hi Folks, My friend's Accent seems to have a bit of a problem going into 4th gear on a stick shift. It just feels like it's almost there as you shift but not quite. We checked the cables & they seemed OK, no restriction to movement & no apparent adjustments to be made. Still it just doesn't want to go into

4th the way it should. Any ideas? Thanks, BCinBC
Reply to
B Crawford

I do know that removing the console plastic between driver and passenger allows removal of stick shift bushing cover, the bushing guides the linkage and is to some degree adjustable / replaceable... but then there is the issue of synchronizer gear problem inside transmission which is where it might lead after all external adjustments / checks

Reply to
mykey

If it goes into 2nd/reverse fine, it's likely a problem inside the transmission.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Reply to