2003 Elantra Replacement Battery

. The battery fit in the space,

How critical is this flange space fit?

Reply to
irwell

Does the replacement battery secure in place at all? If not, can it tip over without the clamp in place? If the battery cannot tip over or shift such that undesired contact (short to positive terminal/ground, battery shift into pulleys, etc.) occurs, then the "flange" issue is somewhat moot.

Reply to
Mike Marlow

"Mike Marlow" wrote in news:a2afa$451f881a$471fbb6d$ snipped-for-privacy@ALLTEL.NET:

It's in a tight space, where it can't really slide into a dangerous place. But when I tried the first battery that didn't tie down, I didn't realize that elantra batteries were hard to find, so I returned it, thinking that the next store I went to would probably have one.

I'd rather not have the battery sliding around if it's not hard or expensive to do. I know it can't slide far, but I'm just that way.

Ben

Reply to
Richard Dreyfuss