2006 Sonata Test results update

Even though I don't drive an LX, I pretty much agree with Edmunds conclusions thus far. The fuel economy is definitely substandard for my GL and the throttel quirkiness is very annoying, even more so with my stick shift than with the automatic. I thought maybe folks with automatics wouldn't notice it, but that appears to not be the case. I've got now to where I try to blip the throttle when I see the light in the cross lane turn yellow so I can get past the throttle "tip in" lag before I start to release the clutch. Hyundai really needs to address this problem soon. And being an electronic throttle, it shouldn't be that hard to retrofit the solution to use poor suckers that bought the early Sonata "beta prototypes." :-)

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

The March edition of Consumer Reports should hit news-stands this week.

But if you subscribe on-line, although the actual March issue is not yet posted (probably Tuesday), the brand new full reports on both the GLS-4 and the LX-V6 have now been posted on their autos link.

CR was apparently not thrilled about the Sonata's handling, but were generally pleased about everything else with both models.

Watch for it soon.

Tom Wenndt

Rev. Tom Wenndt