BlueLink reliability ????

My Sonata came with the Blue Link setup and a free trial. While I can see some benefits (especially the remote start), the reliability of the system is questionable. On two of the coldest mornings we've had this season, the remote start function was unavailable. On my phone, it showed that Remote Start was not part of my package and on the MyHyundai web site it did not show at all. Later in the day, it returned to normal.

This morning I wanted to use the start again. My phone reported that it could not connect. The MyHyundai web site was not available. My AV software said the certificate did not match. Later, it was back up and running.

The layout of the web sit is very NON-intuitive. To find a frequently used function such as the remote start you have to go to a couple of links. The first is Vehicle Report. Only then can you find the link to the start function. They need a 6th grader to re-do the layout.

Now business is business, but . . . Stating at 80 days before the end of my trial subscription I get a reminder to renew every time I visit the web page. Worse than Norton. Fact is, I'm already signed up as you got a double freebie if you did at the time of the car purchase. Makes me wonder if that even worked.

One of the features of Blue Link is the ability to notify emergency services in case of an accident. Given the reliability so far, I don't feel very secure with that. If there is no improvement, I may just cancel and install an aftermarket starter, the main function I use.

OK, one more gripe. You can have it send you traffic alerts for you daily commute before you even leave the house. I get it every day at 6 AM. Problem is, they always tell me there is a one or two minute delay when there is never a delay. I think it is programmed in there just as a CYA in case there really is a delay. The route I travel is half interstate, half rural and in 25 years I've had maybe two traffic delays. Nice feature if it worked and had some credibility.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

This afternoon, it was not working again. I called and they said the phone app was having some problems. It is cold again tonight, so I'll see if it is working in the AM.

A little good news. Evidently they tweaked the phone app a few days ago and it remembers my password now, saving a little time and keystrokes to start the car.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski