2012 Eleantra with possible A/C drain plugged on

My son has a 2012 Elanta. It?s getting water inside the passenger side
under the dashboard. From what I?ve looked on the net, it sounds like a
plugged A/C drain. I haven?t had a chance to look at at the car yet,
but from what I searched, half the battle seems to be finding where the
drain comes out.
Does anyone have any suggestions on locating and then clearing the drain
(or even if that sounds like the issue)?
Money is a little tight, so he?d like to take care of it himself if he can.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Mike O.
Reply to
Mike O
The drain is on the right side, below the a/c blower box, lower firewall. It's a short little rubber tube. Careful shoving something up the hose. The a/c evap is nearby. Wear goggles! Last time I did my Kia a whole bunch of water and dirt came out. Also, check the filter behind the glove box. Odds are it is clogged.
Reply to
Paul in Houston TX
In news:nvri5c$19uc$ snipped-for-privacy@gioia.aioe.org,
Just curious...., would that be covered under the Hyundai warranty since the car is less than 5 years old?
Reply to
TomR
Unless it has more than 60,000 miles. Or is not the original owner. I'm not sure about what is transferable.
Reply to
Ed Pawlowski
In news:0Lqdnd2tAs7nHr snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com,
If it is not the original owner, I think the warranty is for 5 years, up to 60,000 miles. That's what mine was because I bought it used.
For the original owner, I think it is 10 years, 100,000 miles.
Reply to
TomR
Found below on a car forum. Most likely the drain tube for the a/c is plugged.Sometimes, you can take a coat hanger and slide it up the tube to remove the blockage. If you look on the passenger side firewall under the hood, you should be able to see a 1/2 rubber hose coming out of the firewall. This is the a/c drain tube, try to get the coat hanger up it gently, if this is the problem, water will likely come out once you do this. If you can't get the hanger up there, then you may have to pull the carpet back and you will see where the tube connects to the heater box. You will have to pull it off there and run the hanger through it. You will get wet, so bing towels. If you unhook it under the dash, you will need them to soak up the water.
My son has a 2012 Elanta. It?s getting water inside the passenger side under the dashboard. From what I?ve looked on the net, it sounds like a plugged A/C drain. I haven?t had a chance to look at at the car yet, but from what I searched, half the battle seems to be finding where the drain comes out.
Does anyone have any suggestions on locating and then clearing the drain (or even if that sounds like the issue)?
Money is a little tight, so he?d like to take care of it himself if he can.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Mike O.
Reply to
Partner
Thanks everyone for the comments. I've passed them along to my son; we'll probably see what we can do this weekend.
If we can't get it clear, we'll see about going through the dealer. He is the original owner, and it's under the 60K miles, so there shouldn't be any warranty issue.
Reply to
Mike O
Lack of proper maintenance IS NOT covered by any warranty. Cabin filter maint/replacement AT LEAST once a year.
Reply to
Vic RR Garcia

Site Timeline Threads