2013 Accent - Fuel Smell

I am wondering whether my Accent has a problem with its evap recovery system or something. Under very hot external conditions - especially with significant changes in altitude - I walked near the back of the car on the driver's side and can detect a significant odor of gasoline. No dripping or anything.

One occurrence was while driving cross country from Texas to Arizona while in New Mexico but I didn't note the altitude issue. The latest occurrence was twice while driving from Tucson AZ up a road in a National Park where the elevation changes from 2600 Ft to 6000 ft above sea level over the course of about 20 minutes. After parking for a while at a location that was 8000 ft (had dinner) on the trip back down I noticed the fuel smell again. I could see where the altitude change would cause a pressure change and require either the intake or output of some air. Given that it is probably tied to an altitude change I wonder what I should ask the dealer to check for (under warranty).

Thoughts?

KWW

The only thing I've seen that would cause this but not a check engine lamp for an evap leak is liquid fuel in the canister.

Reply to
hyundaitech

k thx. I never overfill because I learned that lesson on another Hyundai. If gas is getting in the canister then I believe that there is a valve that is supposed to keep that from happening. Will look into it. Thx.

KWW