05 Accent fuel filter????

I have an 05 Accent and want to change the fuel filter but can't find it. I took out the rear seat to get at the pannel by the fuel pump but the filter isn't there. I looked and traced the lines from the tank to the fuel rail and I cannot find the filter anywhere. The only place I couldn't see is in the rear corner, there is a strange box with all of the fuel lines running to it. Is the filter in the box? Thanks Bill

Reply to
billyboy24d

The shop manual information is notoriously inaccurate, so I went to the parts catalog. Unfortunately, that's also unclear. They show both a filter in the fuel line on top of the tank (should be a metal can with a plastic fuel line attached to either end) and one on the fuel pump assembly itself, surrounding the fuel pump.

Reply to
hyundaitech