Any concerns about getting a full size spare for 2013 Elantra GLS?

So I read about the whole TPMS thing regarding the tire/wheel and how they have to be specially synched using some gizmo so that it communicates to the TPMS. Seeing as how the 2013 Elantra GLS doesn't come with a spare, much less a full sized one, if I were to get a full size OEM rim and tire and had to replace a tire due to puncture or whatever, would there be any problem in putting it on? Would it work just like replacing a regular tire and TPMS would "learn" or would TPMS come on because it has not been synched?

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf (MVP)

You'd need to swap the sensor from the wheel being removed or purchase a new sensor and use a special tool to program the sensor ID to the car in place of the one on the removed wheel.

Of course, if the warning lamp doesn't bother you, you can just put in a regular valve stem and not worry about the lamp.

Reply to
hyundaitech

If the lamp does bother you, a cheaper alternative would be to stick a small piece of black electrical tape over the lamp.

Reply to
Indrek

sensor and use a special tool to program the sensor ID to the car in place of the one on the removed wheel.

regular valve stem and not worry about the lamp.

Thanks for the heads up. I think Most likely I'll just wind up buying the rim and a regular valve stem. Do you know what the part number is on the sensor by chance?

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Presuming this is a 4-door, the sensor is 52933-31300. I didn't check all the other models (GT, coupe) to verify they're the same.

Reply to
hyundaitech

other models (GT, coupe) to verify they're the same.

Thanks for the info and yes, 4-Door GLS. And the sensor is in that tiny little valve stem? So if I buy a rim and that valve stem the dealership can program it to my car? Any idea what that costs?

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

other models (GT, coupe) to verify they're the same.

From what I was able to find, the whole sensor kit and kaboodle is

52933-2M000.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Partner

If you have the four door, this won't work.

Reply to
hyundaitech