2015 Sonata Automatic Emergency Braking

Anybody know how to "burn" the Genesis program into the Sonata to enable emergency automatic braking? Who does specialty software modification like that?

Reply to
J. Fred Riley

Do you have the hardware to go with it? At a minimum you need the front sensor on the grill.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

It has the same hardware as the Genesis. Or so I am told.

Reply to
J. Fred Riley

That may be correct if it already has the adaptive cruise control. The software may be the same too, but with features disabled on some models that sell for less. I don't know if you have to download the new software of just enable certain attributes already there.

What you probably need is a rouge technician at a dealership that knows his way around the software. It may not be good for a dealer to offer such a service.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

That was the nature of the original question: who does Hyundai software hacking? I do not believe that Hyundai is the only car manufacturer without outside hackers.

Reply to
J. Fred Riley

No need to worry anymore. A drunk pulled out from a side street in front of her and she didn't get on the binders in time! Damn.

Reply to
J. Fred Riley

Sorry to hear that. Maybe the AEB could have prevented it. Hope you next car has it.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski