Auto Speed Locks

Just asking a follow up. I have a '06 Sonata LX. I would like to turn on the auto door locks. My owner's manual says "See Dealer". Is there a way to turn this on without driving ALL the way to me dealership.

Rob

Reply to
Rob

Not without the dealer's scan tool. I'm guessing no one else other than the dealer was willing to put out the $4k for a Hyundai-specific scan tool.

Reply to
hyundaitech

I guess if I want auto locks I'm driving.

Thanks.

Reply to
Rob

"Rob" wrote in news:o8Aaf.5189$ snipped-for-privacy@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net:

Short answer is "No". But if you have a computer that will attache to the Hyundai interface (and the software) it sould be relatively easy.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Wow, the HiScan tool is THAT expensive? I guess I'll knock that off of my holiday wishlist.

The Sonata automatic door lock feature works a little differently than I expected. Because of the way it operates, you may want to consider choosing a slightly higher activation speed. I believe there is a choice of five speeds. I chose 30km/h (about 20 mph). With the feature activated, any time the doors are unlocked above the set speed, they will re-lock. If a low speed is programmed, it may prevent you from unlocking your doors as you roll into your driveway. I have enountered this even with the 20mph setting. (And you're correct that I probably shouldn't be driving in excess of 20mph on my driveway...)

GeoUSA, moderator

GeoUSA