Blue Link Sucks!

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 20:33:18 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote in

I'm inclined to blame both poor quality tires, and too-light in the rear also. We don't often have anyone ride in the back.

Thanks.

Reply to
CRNG

replying to Joyce, James P Bergeron wrote: May be late getting here but my new Genesis 2015 Blue Link remote start system is useless and not at all reliable. I will never recommend this option to anyone. Get an independent installer to put in a remote start and phone App that is better and more reliable than Hyudia's expensive crap.

Reply to
James P Bergeron

replying to Ed Pawlowski, James P Bergeron wrote: On Star at least works. I've used mine many times but Blue Link is definitely crap in our 2015 Genesis for multiple reasons. The Hyundai people open a case for you and tell you to take it back to the dealer who blames the smart phone for the system that won't work. It's a joke all the way around. Avery expensive joke at that.

Reply to
James P Bergeron

This thread started back in 2014. I've since traded my Sonata for a

2015 Genesis. An aftermarket remote starter is still a good idea. Push of a button and in seconds the car is running.

My new car came with a yer of BlueLink. It still takes a longer time to start the car than just a fob. This time though, it has been far more reliable and has not missed a start yet. It also has features like turning on the defroster, adjusting the temperature.

BlueLink is fine sitting in the house and can easily take a couple of minutes. Leaving the grocery store checkout it is easier and faster to just push a button and it is running.

Blue Link with navigation has a handy "send to car" feature where you can plan a trip at the computer or phone and once you find a destination, you can send it to the car for when you make the trip. Full package is till pricey at $300 though.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to Joyce, omniint wrote: I renewed my Blue Link for 2 years and paid $267 as shown on the web site. It only gave me one year and Hyundai won't do anything about it. This is a rip off. Next car will not be a Hyundai!!

Reply to
omniint

Have you contacted BlueLink? Did you call (800) 633-5151 or email snipped-for-privacy@hmausa.com

Did you check the expiration dates and if you got the correct package on myhyundai.com ? No, it is not a rip off and they will make it right if you contact the right person. You can always reverse the charge with your credit car company.

Hyundai is not going to intentionally cheat you out of your money. You can bitch about it or you can get it fixed I don't believe you that they don't care and riped you off.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to hyundaitech, Most dissatisfied wrote: I purchased a new Hyundai Santa Fe in June 2017. Every month my vehicle health report has told me my anti lock brake system has a problem. After 6 months , Hyundai has manipulated the system to say its working. I know this because the vehicle had a problem on Jan. 21 with 2350 miles on it, and on Jan 26 I received my monthly health report and everything was working fine. My vehicle still had

2350 miles on it, this is after every month since I bought the car it has told me there WAS a problem. Hyundai has simply swept me under the rug and refuses to do anything. Hyundai and Blue link sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply to
Most dissatisfied

replying to Joyce, Most dissatisfied wrote: P.S. I have always gotten my vehicle health report on the 7th or 8th of the month. I even have recordings with Blue link telling me not to drive the vehicle. But now it?s safe, it?s just a miracle!!!!!!!!

Reply to
Most dissatisfied

When the first warning came up did you have the car checked out? What was the result? Sounds like it may have been an intermittent telemetric problem. To say the system was manipulated is just BS unless you have some more information.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

replying to Ed Pawlowski, Most dissatisfied wrote: No bs. I have put my vehicle in for service every month for up to 10 days. I have a file 2? thick on conversations with Hyundai and recordings with Blue link. Hyundai just won?t deal with my problem and they have worn me down. At least my last Blue link has said my brakes are working and State Farm will have to cover me again. You see , they told me not to drive the vehicle also. Thanks for your concern

Reply to
Most dissatisfied

replying to Joyce, Gerry wrote: Problem? I've had nothing BUT problems with Blue Link. I'll tell you one thing, I'll never buy another Hyundai!! BL has messed up the service alerts on my Veloster and now they aren't certain what packages I have.

Reply to
Gerry

My BlueLink service stopped working about a week ago. Nothing changed with my car, password, etc. I get an error message, "an error has occurred while processing your request for Remote Door Lock (also Remote Start and others)." My BlueLink activation status in my car indicates it is not active but the Activate BlueLink option is also greyed out so I can't even try to reactivate it. Was on the phone over 45 minutes with BlueLink and they had no solution. They informed me that they would not be able to look into the issue for about 7 days. RIDICULOUS! This, after all the issues with Hyundais and Kias being stolen here in the US is going to force me to get rid of it and NEVER go back to Hyundai or Kia again. I can't even take it to the dealership service dept because they are 2 months backlogged on repairs because of all the thefts. Anyone else having the same issue?

Reply to
tedzbox

What year is your car? If older and 3G service it may not matter. Thatis going away anyway.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski
2021 Elantra that is not affected by the discontinuation of 3G service. My BlueLink uses LTE.
Reply to
tedzbox

Same here and it's quite perplexing. NOTHING other than an oil change can be scheduled at the local dealership for earlier than 7 weeks.

What's "because of all the thefts"? I really want to understand why dental hygienists and car mechanics all of a sudden decided to stop working.

DK

Reply to
DK

Gone in 15 seconds. Instructions on Youtube.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX