correct tyre presure

Hi All What is the considered the best tyre pressure for a 2000 Excel? The manufacturers recommendations differ from the tyre manufacturers recommendations. Thanks David

Reply to
djs

The car manufacturer know what is best for their cars. For the tyres, are you looking at the recommended pressure or the maximum pressure imprinted on the side wall?

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Although few manufacturers actually spec pressures this way, running 3-4 psi more in the front than in the rear is best with front-drive cars, since the front tires carry the bulk of the weight. It will also tend to balance the handling by reducing understeer. IIRC, I ran the tires on my Excel at 34/30 front/rear.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

The pressure listed on the tire itself is generally the MAXIMUM pressure, not to be confused with the recommended pressure.

Reply to
Partner

Thanks all - 4 psi higher in the front tyre is a fair bit but makes sense. I will try this and see how it goes. Thanks David

Reply to
djs