Loud noise from sonata 3,3 engine

It happens casually that when I am around 1700-2000 revs to hear a loud "squeeeeek" coming from oil filter zone in my sonata v6 engine: what can it be, and have I to be worried?

Reply to
Zotto

I think I might be having the same noise from my '05 Elantra. Have you had any responses yet?

Leslie

Reply to
Leslie Williams

"Leslie Williams" ha scritto nel messaggio news:8S4Oi.618$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr23.news.prodigy.net...

Yes, the noise comes from the oil filter, may be for a pressure reason, actually my Sonata need ACEA A5 oil 5W30 , and the oil it has now is a 5W40 Castrol Softec, only ACEA A3; may be that under some temp conditions there is too much pressure in the circuit and a valve near the filter begis vibrating. I will go to mechanic next week to fix the problem or at least to have an answer that it is nothing to betoo much worried. Why have a different oil in my Sonata? Probably because Castrol, who gives oils for Hyundai motors here in Italy does not sell an ACEA A5 specs oil..

Reply to
Zotto