New Hyundai MUSCLE CAR !!!!!!

Read an article in out newspaper yesterday that Hyundai is coming out with a new " Muscle Car With REAR WHEEL DRIVE " they are also coming out with a convertable and a pick-up that will be similar to the Toyota Ridgeline no other info was given and no dates were given...Hmmmmmmm Rear Wheel drive Muscle Car !!!! This should be interesting.

Tunez

Reply to
Tunez

"Tunez" wrote in news:BI1Bg.12936$lv.6878@fed1read12:

Sounds like BS to me. Can you mention the name of the newspaper please?

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

The word I have from some employees of Hyundai Motor America is that Hyundai's next version of the Tiburon will have rear drive and a V8. As with all things, we'll see when it gets here.

Reply to
hyundaitech

"hyundaitech" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@localhost.talkaboutautos.com:

Very surprising!! Thanks for the information.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Found this:

Zotto

Hmmm. It should be out right around the time that gas prices hit $4.00/gallon. Yeah, that's just what we need!

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Nah, the republicans are just about out of office again. I'll bet that in

3-4 years, gas prices will be around $2/gal
Reply to
Paradox

I hope you are right, but unfortunately you aren't. Read "Twilight in the Desert" by Matt Simmons.

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

> Hmmm. It should be out right around the time that gas prices hit>> $4.00/gallon. Yeah, that's just what we need!>

Now THAT'S funny!

It won't matter who's in power in the US, the increasing demand from China and India is going to continue to drive the price of oil upward. The Middle East will probably never be stable, so there will always be a fear-factor to drive prices even higher. Cheap gas in not coming back and the sooner we accept that and start acting appropriately, the better.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

What are you, some kind of Kool Aid drinker? Oil prices are determined by supply and demand, not politics.

Gasoline will never see $2.50 again, and will probably hit $4 within a year.

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Bob Adkins wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

While I think seeing anything in the $2 range is unlikely, I think you are a bit foolish if you think politics has nothing to do with oil prices.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

YUP It was The Las Vegas Review Journal The Friday morning edtion, the Driving section

Tunes

Reply to
Tunez

Global politics does, but it doesn't make a damn bit of difference what party is in power here in the states.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Brian Nystrom wrote in news:eMOBg.402$QK.337@trndny06:

You don't find it a bit coincidental that Exxon-Mobil and other oil compaies make record profits when Republicans are in office domestically? The same republicans who are heavily invested in the oil companies? I guess it could just be coincidence...

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

You make 10% profit sound as though it should be illegal. Keep in mind the record profits are in DOLLARS, not PERCENTAGE. Exxon-Mobil is a growing company, and will keep breaking records as they grow.

Reply to
Bob Adkins

Bob Adkins wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Yes, very, very good news for the stock holders. Now, if only the same stock holders would buy some shares in corn, soy, field grass or whatever other possible form of potential energy, maybe things would be a bit different.

Maybe I am just jealous. Man, if only I could find a finite energy source that could run or help make just about everything in the world. I guess being wealthy beyond my wildest dreams just wouldn't be enough for me either.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

The oil companies are making record profits because high demand and an unstable middle-east (nothing new there) have combined to drive the price of crude through the roof. One could reasonably argue that our foreign policy is partly to blame, but please spare me the silly conspiracy theories.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

No, it's a business model based on a fixed percentage return. The higher the cost of the product the higher the value of the fixed percentage. Not rocket science or politics but "normal" pricing structure for most of what we buy. The only politics is the folks whining about gross profits as a politcal whine. They conveniently ignore why the numbers are what they are and focus on the numbers alone.

Reply to
nothermark

nothermark wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Ah, now you hit the nail on the head. Fixed percentages. So at $1/gal. they make $0.20 and at $4/gal. they make $0.80. Seems fair. Especially when you consider the government regualtion on other "commodities" like MILK, CORN, SOY, where the profit is a fixed $$ amount per unit, not a percentage. Why is that?

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.

Brian Nystrom wrote in news:mg9Cg.6806$Jg1.1355 @trndny05:

What does the price of crude oil have to do with the profit that the oil companies are making? You're comparing apples and oranges now.

Eric

Reply to
Eric G.