ping Hyundaitech: OEM brake pads on 2002 Sonata GLS, were they Organic or ceramic?

Were the OEM pads on 2002 Sonata GLS ceramic or organic? My mechanic has always put on ceramic for me but I feel that after some wear, they don't stop my car for crap. Do you recommend ceramic or organic? Cheers.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

To be frank, working in the dealer, I don't have much experience with different pad compositions, and I don't know what the original composition is. I suspect the 2002 Sonata came with organic, but this isn't really in my area of expertise. Choose whatever has the qualities more important to you. If long life is more important, choose ceramic. If less pedal effort and braking capability are more important, choose organic.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Cool, thanks!

Reply to