What's happening to this group?

This morning there are only 8 posts. If we don't start posting, the group will disappear. Maybe we should start talking about politics like on the Toyota group.

---MIKE---

>In the White Mountains of New Hampshire >> (44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')
Reply to
---MIKE---

The Toyota group is just a free-for-all.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

This is true but it's better than no group at all.

---MIKE---

Reply to
---MIKE---

It used to be that you could write to the abuse@ address and get spammers and trolls kicked out. Now that Google just let's any idiot create a Groups account and post to newsgroups, they don't even respond to abuse reports anymore.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

I have a 2006 Kia Spectra, 70k miles. Nothing has gone wrong with it, so nothing to write about.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

I think you are correct. same with my KIA Amanti. i miss the good old days of struggling with my Ford Taurus SHO. Always something to say about those machines.

Reply to
jkairoff

Yup. My last one was a Pontiac Grand Am. $200 per month in parts for nearly its entire life.

225k miles when I finally gave up on it.
Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Nothing has gone wrong with my car so nothing to talk about. I'm due for an oil change soon though.

Related to automotive (rather than politics) I did buy a new Garmin 2370 GPS. I was going to buy the Europe maps for my old one, but I used it last week and the screen is starting to fade for daylight use. So, I updated and bought a model with the maps included.

One of the features of this model is Bluetooth. Since my Sonata has that built in, I have no need for it in my gps. . . . or do I?

How about a diagnostic code reader?

plugs into the OBII connector and uses Bluetooth to send the data to the Nuvi screen. It gives a lot of BS information, but if it gives codes, it may be worth having some day. Their technical data: The Garmin 010-11380-00 ecoRoute hd transforms your nuvi into a real-time computer saving you gas, time, and money. This easy-to-install device not only provides fuel and mileage reports, but you get more accurate fuel consumption/conservation data. With ecoRoute hd, you not only save fuel, but the vehicle diagnosing capabilities could also save a trip to the mechanic.

The Garmin 010-11380-00 ecoRoute hd plugs directly in your vehicle's standardized onboard diagnostics port (OBD II). It provides drivers with more accurate data, making fuel conversion easier than ever, and they can monitor engine data like temperature, RPM, and emission.

ecoRoute hd Features:

Saves Gas, Time, and Money by Providing Fuel and Mileage Reports

-Giving you More Accurate Fuel Consumption data Simple to Install Accurate Fuel Consumption and Carbon Footprint Real Time Engine and Emissions Data Reads Diagnostic Trouble Codes

-Allows you to View Trouble Codes like Check Engine Light

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

If you have to ask, means, you are not using it, so most likely NO, you=20 do not need it.

For that price, you can get a better standalone code reader that will=20 allow you to erase the codes too. As this:

Your car already has a built-in computer using the same data to report=20 to you the same results.... So, I see not point to duplicate it. Most of the 'Features' are marketing BS, with not application in real lif= e.

Reply to
Vic RR Garcia

One other thing that's happened to this group is that many if not all ISPs don't offer usenet any longer as part of the package thanks to threats by the MPAA and RIAA.

- Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Reply to
Thee Chicago Wolf [MVP]

Well, my 06 Sonata was just in for its 60K service. About 10 more days until I've owned it for five years.

Over five years, the most expensive "repair" was replacing the stock radio with something better. Too bad it took me four years to get around to doing that.

It's been a good car, still able to out accelerate almost any -er, I mean, it runs fine. The only thing showing its age is that the stone chips are starting to add up.

The Lambda V6 is a thirsty beast. It might also be my lead foot.

New Hampshire

Reply to
motormouth

It does more than read codes. They tout it as a fuel saver as it can give you detailed consumption if you want it. It also give engine temperature rpm, etc. The code reading is secondary. Like any multi-purpose tools, there are compromises.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski