potential problem with warrenty/dealership

I took my car into a local Hyundai dealership for my 60k service (car at

55k) as well as an issue with my check engine light being on. I just briefly spoke to the service person, as it looks like I need front breaks (just got them 1 year 3 months ago, but I will admit that I am hard on breaks) also they think that the check engine light may be on as the result of a gas line leak, they attempted to tell me that this may have been caused by an accident (they saw the body work) and if so it would not be covered by the warrenty..BUT my accident was in April 2004, so if the leak was caused by my accident, you would think that 1. It would have occurred soon after the accident and 2. Would be covered by the insurance. I totally trust my body shop guy, and he is a friend of my dad's from high school, so if there was a problem he would have caught it. So what I guess I am asking is, who do I call if for some reason the shop refuses to cover it? I want to be prepared incase they try to jerk me around..This is also the same shop that told me that an aftermarket radio caused my warranty to be voided when the lights on my consol did not work..i took it to another shop and they fixed it under warranty...Thanks
Reply to
illusion123a

First, you need to realize that there is a possibility that there is damage from the accident that no one saw because it was hidden and everything visible looked okay. It's possible (although not likely) that something was moved a little out of position and over time, rubbing has caused a leak.

If this appears to be the case, contact your insurance company (or the company that paid for the repairs to your vehicle).

If the shop makes the claim that the problem is actually caused by the accident, they should be able to show you the evidence they have that this is the case.

If the shop refuses to make a warranty repair on anything you think should be covered by your warranty, call Hyundai customer assistance. The number will be in your owner's materials.

Reply to
hyundaitech