problems tanking up

I have a 2001 Hyundai. Takes forever to fill up. Gas runs in for a short bit then stops. I think it may be the carbon air cleaner blocked up. Where is it? And how can I deal with it? Anone else had this problem? Would appreciate any help.

Tom

Reply to
dcova

I had that happen for the first time, the last time I filled up my 07 Santa Fe. Not concerned about it yet.

Jim

Reply to
jim

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 Tom

Three semi-common problems: Fuel in canister, clogged canister filter, and stuck closed close valve. All are typically located with the charcoal canister, which on most 2001 models is at the left rear of the vehicle. If you give me the model of your Hyundai vehicle, I should be able to confirm location.

Reply to
hyundaitech

On '07 and newer Santa Fes, spiders like to build nests in the vent hose near the top of the filler neck. To inspect, it'll be necessary to remove the fender liner.

Reply to
hyundaitech