loosing water overheating

I have a 110 V8. The radiator and some hoses have been changed. Since this change the engine looses water I think through the expansion tank. The heater sometimes works. If I drive at 80k/h all day no problem but stuck in trafic theres a loss of water!. could it be an air lock? Any help!

Reply to
Tony

Its a possiblilty it takes time and patience to bleed all the air out remembering to open the heater valve (or forever will seem a short time.) does it have the tower fitted on the RRC to help the process? you could check the header by running it with the cap off until hot if you get lots of tiny bubbles suspect the head gasket if it just runs over more likely an air lock I usually fill up run for a short while ( not run to hot), then remove the highest water pipe ( tower cap) and fill by pouring down the pipe, remove the silly plastic radiator plug and top up here as well pipes back on run it some more and do it again and after a couple of days repeat that should sort it

Derek

Reply to
Derek