Re: Hey Matt, did you freeze today?

TheChris wrote in news:Xns9BA154775116921740 @85.214.105.209:

Plague Boy wrote in > news:97SdnXHxqM8g8OfUnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthl>> >> >>> But, it turned out that I was low on Anti-freeze, and my heater > assembly >>> didn't start. >>> >>> I added some 50/50 (over a half gallon!) and 20 minutes later, I > smelled >>> heat!! I was VERY relieved... >> >> If you *literally* smelled the heat, I guess that tells us where >> the missing anti-freeze went ! >> >> > > Well, it's more like when you're in a room with baseboard heating, or an > iron or a hair dryer on...There's a certain smell that hot air has for > me... It didn't smell like AF, it just was like, 'Hey, that's a different > smell!" :)

Yeah, I've been noticing that... I like that I can run it from my USB stick though :)

Reply to
TheChris

If you're somehow attempting to reply to my comment about Xnews, you should know that Mozilla Thunderbird, as well as Firefox both are available as portable apps that will run off of a thumb drive. I run both on a 2GB thumb drive on the work box 10 hours a day, 4 days a week w/o a hitch.

Google portable apps.

Reply to
SB

SB wrote in news:glt3vm$vsj$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

Yeah, I use ALL the Portable Apps - even 'Mac on a Stick' :)

Which are you using as a NewsReader?

Reply to
TheChris

currently using Thunderbird on this 2 gig stick. nice for work, ya pull the thign out and no residual left behind for prying eyes :-) i'm using T-bird also on a linux box as well as the xp boxes and laptop. i've played with just about all of the newsreader apps over the years. for solid dependable service T-bird does it for me. may stem back to my beta testing days of netscape navigator and communicator ;) i haven't looked but there may even be a sea monkey portable app out there also. i currently use Pan also. like x-news (IIRC) it handles multi-part binaries where as T-bird doesn't.

Reply to
SB

SB wrote in news:glv4rr$7g7$ snipped-for-privacy@news.motzarella.org:

Me too... I take Newsreaders VERY personally :) I only thought Thunderbird did mail.. Doesn't the mail portion of it bloat up the app?

I grew up with all the Unix apps... vi, edlin - so, I like thing that look like xnews...I'll look into Pan... Thanks.

Reply to
The Chris

Some. Price of convenience I suppose. It's certainly not a cpu hog in any manner.

Ever mess around w/ Tin?

here's a 'few' others.

SB