Reasons for Buying A Used Car By Way of the Internet

Just a note not necessarily for this particular n.g., but my fellow Hyundains may be interested.

There is a lack of good information at the usual used car lots about the stock for sale.

The places are seemingly for making exploitative/high interest car loans to people who can't otherwise qualify at a bank, credit union, insuror office et cetera.

Then--from what I've read--the car lots themselves repossess defaults, and start doing the process again.

Well, that's what I sense about 'em, whether always true or not true in fact.

I dislike very much many/most of the methods I've experienced in used car lots.

I will walk away asap when realizing how rigged the deal is, which it usually seems to me to be.

I've bought cars from the used lots, including from new-car dealers' used car lots; but this certainly doesn't mean I like the helter-skelter experiences.

The internet--e-bay or other internet places--are for rational selling/buying--with major disadvantages of course.

So, darnit, the local used car lots--at least where the companies actually wanna honestly & ethically sell their cream-puffs/heaps--oughta write-up long, revelatory descriptions of their merchandise here on the net.

It ain't gonna happen, but it should, while the dealers probably fear being sued &/or somehow cherry-picked/taken advantage of by sophisticated, well-informed buyers.

I dislike buying used cars from athe usual relatively blind & ignorant position.

The local newspaper's car ads are more frequently than not some of the least genuine, which I betcha most people/victims would agree..

Reply to
Robert Cohen

I've had exactly the opposite experience. My girlfriend and I have bought several used cars from dealers and individuals and have never had any of the problems you elude to. The ONLY reason I bought my Elantra new was due to the $2000 rebate that brought the price down low enough to justify buying new rather than used.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom