santa fe 2005 lag in accel

is it normal to have a lag when i press the pedal

Reply to
Dan035

Edward Hayes

The 3.5 has electronic throttle and seems to have a small lag between depressing the pedal and actual acceleration.

Reply to
hyundaitech

hyundaitech, Any idea if Hyundai is aware of the problem? Any fix available?

I have the same problem with my 2005 Santa Fe (3.5). I only notice it about

50% of the time so I'm not always sure what to expect when I step on the gas. I've has some 'thrilling' entrances to traffic due to this. I've also had times when I overcompensated for a delay that didn't happen.

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

There are reprograms for 2003 and 2004 for smoother feeling initial acceleration. I haven't seen anything yet for 2005, and I don't know if there's any intent to release anything.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Is this a hesitation or jerking when you accelerate from a stop or red light?

Reply to
carmenlucha

Yes, exactly.

Jon

Reply to
zeppo

My car is in the shop right now for that very thing. I have been told what the problem is and how it is to be resolved, but until I get it back in my possession so I can drive it and feel if there's a difference I won't trust the diagnosis. Also, if the problem is resolved, I will post what was done. Apparently, this is becoming a common issue.

Reply to
carmenlucha

So what did they say the problem is and how will they resolve it?

Reply to
Zeppo

Zeppo, the part was ordered today. It should come in between now and Wednesday. Like I said at the end of my message, if the problem is resolved with the action they take, I will pass the information on to this site.

Reply to
carmenlucha

thank you all for your response

"Dan035" a écrit dans le message de news: DDV3e.8573$g snipped-for-privacy@wagner.videotron.net...

Reply to
Dan035

Dan, Got my car back--what a difference! The car had to be reprogrammed. It's called reflashing. Problem was it wasn't taking on my car. The first time it took, but when this happened again, there was no recognition of the reflashing having been done. The next step was to replace the PCM--Power Control Module. It has something to do with the onboard computer. For now, I am able to merge into traffic, pick up from a stop or slow down without this hesitation or lag. Hope this helps you. My car is a 2004 Santa Fe. As Hyundaitech said, I don't know if this is available yet for 2005. Check with your dealer.

Reply to
carmenlucha

Dan, Got my car back--what a difference! The car had to be reprogrammed. It's called reflashing. Problem was it wasn't taking on my car. The first time it took, but when this happened again, there was no recognition of the reflashing having been done. The next step was to replace the PCM--Power Control Module. It has something to do with the onboard computer. For now, I am able to merge into traffic, pick up from a stop or slow down without this hesitation or lag. Hope this helps you. My car is a 2004 Santa Fe. As Hyundaitech said, I don't know if this is available yet for 2005. Check with your dealer.

Reply to
carmenlucha

Excellent! I'm glad it worked for you. I'm going to contact my dealer and find out if it available for 2005 yet.

Thanks, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

The service manager could not find that there was any update available for

2005. This surprised me as the car has been out for 6 months now. Is there a 'higher authority' I can check with?

TIA, Jon

Reply to
Zeppo

Let me know if you find this "higher authority"...

Reply to
carmenlucha

Let me know if you find this "higher authority"...

Reply to
carmenlucha

"Dan035" wrote: > is it normal to have a lag when i press the pedal

I?m having the same trouble with my 05 santa fe. The dealer says it can?t be fixed. Anyone know if they have found a fix for this problem??

Reply to
cjs123

"cjs123" ha scritto nel messaggio news:1_587139 snipped-for-privacy@autoforumz.com...

Here in Europe same problem for all new motors with euro4 norms against CO2 emissions. Nothing to do.

Reply to
Zotto

I had asked about this here earlier as I was having the same problem with my

2005 3.5L Santa Fe and some users reported they were helped by reprogramming the ETC. Unfortunately these were all 2003 and 2004 model owners who responded.

I didn't get a chance to take it in to be looked at until this week. I talked to the service manager about the TSB's issued for previous years covering this problem and he said he would check it out.

When I picked up the car they said the tech couldn't find a problem, so there was nothing to fix. When I drove it home the problem was indeed gone. No more hesitating or surging.

I can only guess that whatever diagnostics they did reset some bit in the programming that fixed this. Unfortunately, I can't report exactly what they did to fix the problem.

Jon

Reply to
Zeppo