Sonata Oil filter Removal

I am looking for an "cap" style oil filter wrench that will work with my 2008 Sonata with a 2.4.

I have a cap wrench for a WIX 51348 filter, but it is too small. I tried all the ones I could find at NAPA, Autozone, and O'reilly, and none of them fit.

The WIX filter for this Sonata is 51334.

Is there such a wrench that will fit?

How do dealers and other shops remove the filter without having to remove the entire splash shield?

Thanks,

Kirk M

Reply to
Kirk Matheson

Sonata with a 2.4.

the ones I could find at NAPA, Autozone, and O'reilly, and none of them fit.

entire splash shield?

This

is very effective. There's a 3/8 square hole for extension on the side youcannot see.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Sonata with a 2.4.

the ones I could find at NAPA, Autozone, and O'reilly, and none of them fit.

entire splash shield?

Looks like a good solution. Thanks for your post.

KM

Reply to
Kirk Matheson