Bigger oil filter for 2002 Sentra?

Does anybody make a filter bigger than a thimble for the

2002 Sentra 1.5 Liter? I know some companies made bigger filters for the older Altima.

Ray

Reply to
ray

And you hope to acomplish?

Reply to
Steve T

What would a bigger filter do?

Reply to
Meat-->Plow

"a fraction of a second" is more like 1-2 seconds in reality for the oil system to come up to pressure with a large filter.

The other issue: Is this bigger filter too fine where it runs in bypass all the time?

Best advice is don't second guess the people who designed the engine.

Reply to
Steve T

You're not serious are you? The filter is in the circuit unless it can't keep-up with the flow and the bypass valve opens. This should not occur in a reasonably clean filter.

Reply to
Jim

Go to NAPA and get the biggest "Gold" line filter (made by Wix, or their p/n15151) that will fit your application (probably the # 1515 @ $5). Not only will it be much cheaper than the factory model, it will work better. Also get an original Delco filter wrench from a Delco parts dealer. Last a lifetime (your grandkids, too.)

Reply to
Sue D Nim

There is a guy on nissanmurano.org that installed an Amsoil dual remote filter on his car.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Hi Ray,

Nissan filter # 15208-9E000 Used on a variety of the V6's [VQ series], the larger 2.5L I4 etc. I checked the QG18 specific filter at the local Canadian Tire, it's extremely small compared to the filter with the part number listed above...

Reply to
Craig Q.

An oil filter salesman from a company that shall remain nameless once confided that they assumed every filter was clogged enough after 1000 miles of use to be in bypass mode.

FWIW, Bob

Reply to
-Bob-

Sounds like Fram.

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]

Funny you mention that. I was looking at an L20 engine from a 510. It had a K&N filter that was huge. It look like an old V8 filter.

I think Fram makes a line called Double Guard or something like that is twice the capacity or filtration of a std. filter.

Reply to
Joseph Wind

Nope. Someone reputable. Did I mention that he was lubricated with alcohol ? :-)

Reply to
-Bob-

I assume it was an aftermarket company?

Reply to
Steve T

Whom do you think makes OEM filters for the car companies?

Reply to
WindsorFox[SS]