Strange noise while turning right on 2002 Sonata

My wife has started noticing a noise coming from what sounds from the driver's side front when making gentle sweeping turns at medium speed. Kind of a "whomp-whomp-whomp". I was finally able to notice it too; there's a slight vibration coming back too that you can feel. It seems to be only while the steering wheel is turned to that exact position - any more or less, and it goes away. We don't notice it on sharp turns.

I looked around under the car and didn't notice any obvious damage on the front suspension components. Has anyone had a similar experience or have an idea what might be the issue?

Reply to
martin.schuessler

Could be CV joints or some other part of the front end. You won't see damage just looking under the car. A competent mechanic will easily diagnose the problem

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

What condition is the tire tread in?

Reply to