Thank you Hyundai

Crashed my NF Sonata a couple of weeks ago and it's been totalled now, so I am about to no longer have a Hyundai. They're more costly -and retain mo re value used- than when I bought mine so I won't be able to afford another one.

But before I leave the group and try to find something else to drive, I wan t to say thank you to this group and the members and especially HyundaiTech for all the years of info and insight. It is appreciated and helped immen sely.

And thanks also to Hyundai engineers for making a car that saved my life wh en it had to. The very reasons I got a Sonata ended up being the most impo rtant things to have in a bad situation and let me and my passenger walk aw ay without a scratch. I'll get over losing my Sonata. Someday. But nobod y got hurt and that I will never forget.

Thank you.

Reply to
motormouth

Get a Kia. Nothing has gone wrong with my '06 Spectra. So far its the most reliable car I have ever had. And the most ergonomic and has the best factory sound system. Mileage is bad though at 24 mpg average.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Glad you all walked away.

Have you talked tot he dealer? Seems they are trying to make some really good deals right now, at least here when there is a lot of snow and car sales dive. I'd hate to see you in a second rate car.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Well I did in fact settle on a 2006 Kia Sorento EX 4WD which will hopefully help with driving in snow and ice.

It's a nice car but no, not very good on gas.

If it does not work out, I will look at the current Santa Fe Sport instead.

Reply to
motormouth

replying to motormouth , Tommy wrote: Someone pulled in front of my 2005 elantra and it saved my life as well. Look around, I paid $1500 for another hatchback elantra, same year with low miles. A lot of people just don't appreciate them as much and sell them cheap. Glad you're OK!Good luck!

Reply to
Tommy