timing belt suggestion

My 2004 3.5L Santa Fe has 70,000 miles. When is the recommended interval for timing belt replacement?

Reply to
rzskier
10,000 miles ago.
Reply to
Partner

Four years or 60,000 miles, whichever comes first.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

The recommended interval is 60k miles, however if you bought the car in California you may be covered under the 10 year/100k miles warranty if you don't replace the belt and it fails after 60k. Perhaps HyundaiTech can confirm this (?)

Reply to
Victek

Best to call Hyundai for the California details. The owner's manual reads something similar to "recommended but not required in California." It's not clear whether that means the vehicle is currently in or registered in California.

-- Message posted using

information at

hyundaitech

Thanks for the tip. I?m not in Calif. but it still seems that I?m pushing the belt change a bit. I?ll get it done right away.

"Victek" wrote: > > My 2004 3.5L Santa Fe has 70,000 miles. When is the > recommended > > interval for timing belt replacement? > >

Reply to
rzskier