2UZ timing belt?

I have a 2001 LC, does this have a timing belt or chain? Also what's the recommended interval to replace the belt or chain? BTW it's got 78k miles.

TIA

Reply to
Joseph Wind

The 2UZ-FE V8 Engine that's in a Tundra has a timing belt, recommended replacement interval is 100,000 miles. I assume they're using the same engine in a Land Cruiser. The 2UZ-FE engine is an interference engine, which means if your timing belt does break you'll need a new engine. The cost at a Toyota dealer for this service is usually around 400 bucks.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Thanks for the reply, I just wanted to make sure. My local dealer wanted $900 to change the timing belt. Said something like 8 hours labor time to do. Looks like I'll shop around for a better price.

Reply to
Joseph Wind