What company makes Sonata radios?

I have a model H270-290 AM/FM, tape and CD player that came out of a

2002 Sonata. I need to purchase the connectors & cabling that comes out of the radio and connects to the amplifier. Cannot get them from Hyundai unless I purchase the entire main harness. Not only is this cost prohibitive but it is absurd. Same thing if I get them from a salvage yard. I'll make my own cabling but need the connectors.

Does anyone know who makes this radio?

Thanks much.

Reply to
bee man

Hyundai Electronics, HEI.

Reply to
hyundaitech

Reply to
bee man

You mean the connector that looks like this:

that the radio plugs into?

Sounds like he needs the opposite of that plug

they are available from somewhere.....

shadow

The '04 Elantra GT came with a Kenwood radio/CD unit and it's clearly marked as such.

Reply to
Brian Nystrom

Thank you for looking. I found and purchased one of the connectors I need. It was similar to this one except it was # 71-7301. The connector was "female" rather than the "male" one you showed in the Crutchfield link.

The connector I need the most is the amplifier connector. There are two. One is a "female" 3 pin connector (small square) and an 8 pin, round DIN type connector. Both go to the amplifier required by the H290 Hyundai radio. This radio was not made by Kenwood.

Trying to find information on these connectors and this radio from Hyundai is like pulling teeth. No one seems to know or the data isn't available.

According to the label on the radio, it was made by Hyundai Electronics. Still trying to find a web page or US telephone number for them.

Thanks for your suggestion.

bee man

snipped-for-privacy@b.c wrote:

bee man